Posts Tagged inaction
In a recent interview, Stephen W. Hawking said the following about “Heaven” / the “afterlife”:
“…a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”
- Is the afterlife-Heaven a “fairy story”? The idea of going to an afterlife-Heaven as a reward for apparently being a “good person” by abiding by what’s presented as what “God” wants of you — this is undeniably similar to, for instance, the fairytale of Santa; getting your presents as a reward for being a “good boy/girl” by abiding by what’s presented as what “Santa” wants of you. You’ve got your “nice” list / “Heaven” list and your “naughty” list / “Hell” list. “Santa” / “God” is always watching you, they conveniently live in places out of your ‘reach’, they both apparently exist forever as these positions of authority figures, and are typically depicted as old white men with big white beards. The connections keep going. Time to get real.
- Yes, humanity is afraid of the ‘dark’. Time to rid ourselves of this fear and see what is possible.
An afterlife / hereafter is irrelevant — we are HERE. HERE is relevant, not the “here-after”. LIFE is relevant, not the “after-life”. What matters is this physical reality.
It is, though, relevant to see what the belief in an afterlife-Heaven reveals about humanity. The following are but a few points:
- It shows a wanting of something different than what exists here, something “better” — but instead of taking self-responsibility for what is here and what self has become and actually doing what’s required to correct and change self and this world, what exists here is disregarded and a “better place” is created mentally and projected ‘out there’, waiting and hoping to go ‘there’ someday, dealing with a death of another by saying, “they’re in a better place now.”
- It shows desire to avoid and escape reality, attraction to distraction, fear of facing self and this reality, a preference within humanity for fantasy and illusion over what is real.
- The idea that one goes to a “Heaven” when they die where they apparently exist in a blissful state forevermore while those on Earth continue to suffer, while the state of this world just continues, and nothing being done about it — this is completely unacceptable. It exhibits absolute self-interest and separation.
- Within the different stories about what “Heaven” consists of, what is perceived as “pleasurable” is shown; and the points that provide these pleasures typically consist of abuse.
- The belief in an afterlife-Heaven promotes waiting, inaction, abdication of self-responsibility for what exists in this world. It promotes not only acceptance of abuse, but the derivement of pleasure from it. The belief in an afterlife-Heaven does nothing but add to the problems in this world; it actually contributes to Hell on Earth.
These points (postponement, self-interest, inaction, not taking self-responsibility, acceptance of abuse, avoidance, et cetera) are required to be taken apart and taken on in a way that they absolutely cease to exist within ourselves. Desteni I Process shows how this can be done. Within Desteni I Process, we face the reality of ourselves, we take self-responsibility for what we have become, we do what is required to actually correct and change ourselves, aligning ourselves with that which is Best For All Life.
Now, in dropping those aspects of “Heaven,” removing the religious aspects of “Heaven,” and looking at it simply as ‘an existence devoid of suffering,’ it becomes relevant, as this world is full of suffering. In that way, Heaven is possible and would benefit everyone — it would have to be real, and it would have to not consist of any form of abuse. Suffering is a result of abuse; you cannot have an existence in fact devoid of suffering without effectively eliminating abuse. (See my previous blog posts for more on this point.) Thus, Heaven here on Earth as a Heaven that is Best For All Life, wherein EVERYONE has what’s required, lives a dignified life, from birth to death. A world without abuse; and thus, a world without suffering. A world where Life thrives. The Equal Money System and Desteni I Process make it possible to have Heaven on Earth.
Interviewer: “So here we are. What should we do?”
Hawking: “We should seek the greatest value of our action.”
Our actions have value when we value Life within and through our actions. When we do what is Best For All Life, that is “the greatest value of our action”.
So, here’s to the end of Heaven as a religious ‘fairy-story’ for the fearful and the bringing of a real Heaven, here on Earth, in the physical, where all Life is honored, where equality is actually applied and lived, where ALL fearlessly do what is BEST FOR ALL LIFE.
“We yelled, ‘We are peaceful! Peaceful!’ The women and children were attacked just like the rest of us,” he said. “They moved in as soon as the media left us. They knew what they’re doing.”
(Mahmoud Mansouri, a protester, in reference to his experience with the police)
“They were beating me so hard I could no longer see. There was so much blood running from my head,” he said. “I was yelling, ‘I’m a doctor! I’m a doctor!’ But they didn’t stop.”
(Sadek Akikri, a doctor, in reference to his experience with the police when giving medical attention to sick protesters at a medical tent)
Non-violent pro-democracy demonstrations have been held in Bahrain. They’ve demanded for fair elections and equal rights for all. The army locked down Bahrain. Police, via orders from the Bahraini government, responded to the demonstrations with violence — and lots of it. There’s been reports of severe injuries, torture, murder.
Those on the receiving end of the attacks have not had the medical attention that they require, as the Bahraini government made orders prohibiting it. There have been reports of ambulance paramedics and doctors being attacked by Bahraini police for treating protesters — some have even been killed. Activists who have been brought to trial were additionally denied contact with their lawyers.
Military aid from the U.S. in the amount of roughly $20 million was given to Bahrain in 2010. The program it was through is specifically for helping foreign governments to purchase American-made weapons, services and training; and thus, some of the military equipment that’s been used in this situation likely came from the U.S.
The Bahraini government is a monarchy. The al-Khalifa family have ruled Bahrain for almost 230 years. While the protesters want an end to this, the U.S. has interest in it being kept in place so that the benefits, such as military power and oil supply lines, from the relationship are kept in place as well. This relationship is placed above the lives of the Bahraini people who are calling for equal rights and political change — even when they are being attacked, tortured and murdered for doing so. Thus, U.S. support is not placed with the demonstrators; it’s placed with the Bahraini government, who responded with deadly force to peaceful protesting.
The U.S. doesn’t want to ‘cross the line’ where the established relationship is damaged. While the decision to do so could happen, it would only be as an effort to protect other interests/relationships/benefits that may be lost as consequence for not doing so. Decisions in this system are based on self-interest, not common-interest in the way of that which is Best For All Life.
In this current system, the strive for money, power and control takes priority. There is more concern over ‘making a killing’ than the real killing going on. The atrocities in this world are just disregarded, and belief and desire take the lead within humanity — where mere ego has been placed above LIFE. This is completely unacceptable.
It is time to put an end to the atrocities in this world — an end to abuse in all forms, an end to separation, corruption and destruction, an end to delusional belief and value systems, an end to the reign of ego. It is time for a new system; a system that actually makes this possible, a system that focuses on what really matters.
The Equal Money System has a solid foundation, a solid core principle that leaves no potential–and no tolerance–for abuse. Life is placed as priority. No need to demand equal rights in an Equality System.
It is the self-honest, commonsensical solution for this planet.