Posts Tagged distraction
In a recent interview, Stephen W. Hawking said the following about “Heaven” / the “afterlife”:
“…a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”
- Is the afterlife-Heaven a “fairy story”? The idea of going to an afterlife-Heaven as a reward for apparently being a “good person” by abiding by what’s presented as what “God” wants of you — this is undeniably similar to, for instance, the fairytale of Santa; getting your presents as a reward for being a “good boy/girl” by abiding by what’s presented as what “Santa” wants of you. You’ve got your “nice” list / “Heaven” list and your “naughty” list / “Hell” list. “Santa” / “God” is always watching you, they conveniently live in places out of your ‘reach’, they both apparently exist forever as these positions of authority figures, and are typically depicted as old white men with big white beards. The connections keep going. Time to get real.
- Yes, humanity is afraid of the ‘dark’. Time to rid ourselves of this fear and see what is possible.
An afterlife / hereafter is irrelevant — we are HERE. HERE is relevant, not the “here-after”. LIFE is relevant, not the “after-life”. What matters is this physical reality.
It is, though, relevant to see what the belief in an afterlife-Heaven reveals about humanity. The following are but a few points:
- It shows a wanting of something different than what exists here, something “better” — but instead of taking self-responsibility for what is here and what self has become and actually doing what’s required to correct and change self and this world, what exists here is disregarded and a “better place” is created mentally and projected ‘out there’, waiting and hoping to go ‘there’ someday, dealing with a death of another by saying, “they’re in a better place now.”
- It shows desire to avoid and escape reality, attraction to distraction, fear of facing self and this reality, a preference within humanity for fantasy and illusion over what is real.
- The idea that one goes to a “Heaven” when they die where they apparently exist in a blissful state forevermore while those on Earth continue to suffer, while the state of this world just continues, and nothing being done about it — this is completely unacceptable. It exhibits absolute self-interest and separation.
- Within the different stories about what “Heaven” consists of, what is perceived as “pleasurable” is shown; and the points that provide these pleasures typically consist of abuse.
- The belief in an afterlife-Heaven promotes waiting, inaction, abdication of self-responsibility for what exists in this world. It promotes not only acceptance of abuse, but the derivement of pleasure from it. The belief in an afterlife-Heaven does nothing but add to the problems in this world; it actually contributes to Hell on Earth.
These points (postponement, self-interest, inaction, not taking self-responsibility, acceptance of abuse, avoidance, et cetera) are required to be taken apart and taken on in a way that they absolutely cease to exist within ourselves. Desteni I Process shows how this can be done. Within Desteni I Process, we face the reality of ourselves, we take self-responsibility for what we have become, we do what is required to actually correct and change ourselves, aligning ourselves with that which is Best For All Life.
Now, in dropping those aspects of “Heaven,” removing the religious aspects of “Heaven,” and looking at it simply as ‘an existence devoid of suffering,’ it becomes relevant, as this world is full of suffering. In that way, Heaven is possible and would benefit everyone — it would have to be real, and it would have to not consist of any form of abuse. Suffering is a result of abuse; you cannot have an existence in fact devoid of suffering without effectively eliminating abuse. (See my previous blog posts for more on this point.) Thus, Heaven here on Earth as a Heaven that is Best For All Life, wherein EVERYONE has what’s required, lives a dignified life, from birth to death. A world without abuse; and thus, a world without suffering. A world where Life thrives. The Equal Money System and Desteni I Process make it possible to have Heaven on Earth.
Interviewer: “So here we are. What should we do?”
Hawking: “We should seek the greatest value of our action.”
Our actions have value when we value Life within and through our actions. When we do what is Best For All Life, that is “the greatest value of our action”.
So, here’s to the end of Heaven as a religious ‘fairy-story’ for the fearful and the bringing of a real Heaven, here on Earth, in the physical, where all Life is honored, where equality is actually applied and lived, where ALL fearlessly do what is BEST FOR ALL LIFE.
The focus is not on the actual problem, and obviously the cause of that problem is ignored as well. The focus is on attempting to prolong the current system; prolonging the current system will only result in more suffering.
The current system is dying, and there’s nothing anyone can do to save it — and delaying the inevitable will increasingly become more difficult to do. Attempting to save this system is not only pointless, it is insane. It directly shows a deranged desire for the atrocities in this world to continue.
The current system completely disregards Life and consists of massive abuse and separation. Just as it failed to honor and support Life, so will any and all attempts to “fix” or keep it. It cannot continue existing.
This world requires a NEW system. The Equal Money System is THE solution — a worldwide Equality System that absolutely supports and honors all Life. This is the only option that is Best For All. Anything else will fail.
Investigate Equal Money and how you can support and assist in bringing a real solution here.